Monday, May 16, 2011

MmMm Good

I usually don't do posts like this,
{although I love reading others posts that do!}
But these 2 drink recipes are SO good that I had to share the wealth.
....................
The first is good, good meaning yummy
not so good if you're trying to keep the calories on a low
BUT
this is a great party drink that I served at a shower I threw for a friend
{I wont take credit for it though, I got the recipe from another baby shower that I went to}

Mocha Cappuccino Punch

prepare 2-3 hours before serving
4 cups brewed coffee or 1/4 cup of instant coffee. {I used decaf for the baby shower}
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder {like hot chocolate mix}
4 cups half and half or milk, add more milk if too sweet
scoops of chocolate and vanilla ice cream {optional}

In container mix hot coffee, chocolate powder and sugar.
Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Put in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Just before serving pour into punch bowl.
Add milk or half and half and mix well.
Top with scoops of ice cream.

not to healthy, but oh so good. Make sure you make at least 2 servings. I only made one thinking no one would drink it and it was the first thing gone. Those ladies sure like their coffee!
....................
this 2nd drink will hopefully make up for the sugar coma I've given you.
I was looking up some nutritious breakfast ideas on Wholefoods.com and found this
WARNING:
it looks nasty ... but please believe me when I say that Clover and I drank the whole thing right after we made it.

Get Your Greens Smoothie

1 1/2 cups baby spinach leafs
1 1/2 cups berries
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, soy milk or rice milk
{I added a banana, and some people add protein powder or flax seed}

puree all ingredients and drink

If it looks green and not very yummy than you made it right.
You don't even taste the spinach at all!

....................
If you ever decide to try these, let me know what you think!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment